Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Family Vacation 09

This year I decided to go on spring break with my parents to Sedona, the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam and Vegas. I haven't been on a "spring break" since I was in college, which was 5 years ago, so this was a special treat for me!
Our first stop was Sedona. We got to stay in an amazing 3 bedroom/3 bath timeshare that had gorgeous views of the red rocks. We went hiking, off roading in a jeep (it was scary and I screamed) and did a lot of sightseeing and picture taking. I am still learning how to use my camera but my dad is a photography buff and was trying to give me pointers and tips along the way. Thanks Dad!
Here is my step mom Peggy enjoying the view from our patio in Sedona:
On our first hike:
My dad and I:
This is called the "Devil's Kitchen". Our jeep guide told us that it got its named because when the rocks collapsed it made a thunderous noise and sent a huge column of red dust into the air making the local people think that the devil was cooking something out in the middle of the dessert. That huge rock at the bottom is called the "Grand Piano" (for obvious reasons).
My dad, my step sister Jill and I at the Grand Canyon. It was beautiful, but freezing! The day we went there just so happened to be a snow storm passing thru and it was 29 degrees and snowing! So we would park at each picture taking spot and run out and take a few pics and then run back to the car to warm up. 





Last stop was vegas. This was a different Vegas experience for me since Jill is only 17,  I couldn't do what I usually do which is gamble, drink and hit up the clubs, so we did family friendly things like shop, eat and go to a show. My dad really likes magic and illusions so we went to see the Mentalist. He is a guy that can tell you what you are thinking and mess with your mind. Here we are posing with him and his assistant after the show. It was a pretty fun show and I was entertained. Jill and I were even picked to go on stage for one trick and assist him. After the show my dad was able to tell me how he did each trick. :( Buzz Kill dad! 
Over all it was an amazing family vacation and I am thankful that I got to go and bond with you Dad, Peggy and Jill! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts