Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Friday Funday

I am a little behind on my posting this week - i have been super busy with the new job :) so now im playing catch up...

This past friday i went to China Town up in LA for the first time - lame i know. i have lived in California my entire life, southern CA to be exact, and i have never been to China Town. I think my parents were scared to take my brother and i anywhere in LA when we were growing up and i had never gotten around to going there myself. I guess i am playing catch up on a lot of things. Anyway - back to the post- i had the pleasure of dining with my good friends: Lorena, Cecille, Anysia and Devynn at Yang Chow. You will find that a lot of my blogging will be about or involve food because it seems like that is the only time we can rally a group of friends to hang out - over food and drinks :) We started with wonton soup, followed by our dinner of some kind of delicious fried rice, garlic chicken and slippery shrimp. MMMMMMmmmmm. i will admit that slippery shrimp did not at all sound appetizing - it sounds like shrimp straight out of the dirty ocean - but they were cooked and actually really tasty :)Thanks to Anysia for hauling us all out there and thanks to Lorena for showing me a little about her asian culture. As always we had a great time with each other and it was fun getting to hang out with Devynn. Shes getting so big!

Lorena and I out front:
Photobucket

Cecille took home the doggy bag:
Photobucket

Rice cookers in china town, i felt right at home:
Photobucket

Devynn brought her friend to dinner also, but i forgot her name:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Older Posts